I try to cook twice a week. And once I was done I would store it away in my refrigeration. But recently I started cooking bigger portions and putting them in freezable containers in my freezer. This allows me to store the food longer and gives me something to eat on the fly. When I get home I can take out a meal from the freezer and put it in the microwave. Sometimes it helpful for lunch at work. This is a great way to say good-bye to fast food and hello to new shoes. Just remember to put dates on the items you store because flavors and textures will begin to deteriorate.
How long should you freeze items?
This year I decided to do Thanksgiving differently after spending it alone last year. I invited all of my friend over who don't have family to spend the holiday with me. And It had me thinking how many people spend this holiday alone. Do you think we as Americans put too much emphasis on the holidays and not enough on the spirit of the holiday. Do you check up on your neighbor, friends or family? Or is this day about who house you can go to get food and than go home to bed. What do you do to turn this day into day into a giving day?
There is no question that a breakup can be painful, whether its mutual or not. Sometimes its hard to learn to trust yourself and others again. You have a hard time finding new love because you never allowed yourself to heal from your former lover. But you have to move forward and let it go because if it holds a power over you and your health and peace of mind can deteriorate.
There are some ways you can get over a break up.
1. Rely on yourself to move on. Sometimes other people put in their two cents and its very biased.
2. Don't run off making new friends, rely on your those in your circle first. Go out dancing, movies, brunch, etc.
3. Don't wallow in your own pity. STOP that pity party and get over it. Lovers come and they go but you only have you to be there for you.
4. Figure out why you feel the way you do. Are you hurt that its over and you want to get back together. Or is it pride and you can't believe its over. You pumped up your Facebook, twitter, ect. showing everyone that you are in love and now its gone. Pride is a terrible thing when it causes you pain.
5. Sometimes you just want someone to listen to you and hear how much pain you where in. Find a neutral party to express your pain to. No one who is going to tell you "I told you so." They are just going to listen to you and let you air your pain. Even if its a Dear Abby letter.
6. Don't go psycho. Don't drive pass their house so you can get a glance. Don't Facebook stalk them following their trends. Don't send their new lover emails and friend request. That is humiliating behavior and you will set yourself up to be embarrassed.
7. Don't let one bad breakup ruin you life. Live your life to the fullest heart break and all. Because one day when you have the real deal you can appreciate it for what its worth.
Please give me your feedback on the Halloween Party.